9.3 x 64
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that a Silvers pad?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3289 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Roan. What velocities are you getting on that?

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

Russell, I hunted in Burkina. Eventually i'll get around to doing a full hunt report but suffice to say I had a great time. The language barrier would have been daunting but my hunting partner Wink made it all easy and enjoyable. I would do the safari again in a heartbeat.

Doug, I would have built the rifle earlier if I knew it would pull you out of the woodwork. How have you been? Send me a PM or email so we can catch up. It really is good to see your post and to know you're still kicking.

Matt, this is a Silvers-type pad that Duane got from Galazans I believe. It is a touch softer than the Silvers pad but seems very durable.

I really like this rifle and cartridge. It's a lot of thump in a nice relatively light package. Accuracy is outstanding and the cartridge is very easy to load. It has instantly replaced the 338s and 375s in my line-up. I have plenty of brass but I still wish the cartridge were more popular...I might as well be shooting a wildcat. My hunting load was RL 15 pushing a 286 gr Barnes TSX at 2550 fps. I've chrono'd loads up to 2650 with some room to spare. I really just wanted 9.3X62 +P velocities without running into capacity issues. I got that in spades while retaining much of the efficiency of the smaller 9.3 case.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats on what looks to be a super hunt! I hear you on the language barrier! When I was in Benin the only person I could communicate with was my PH... everyone else only spoke French or one of the dialects of Benin. I remember the long drive to and from the concession with my driver who spoke no English. I think he was as apprehensive of me as I was of him! It is very interesting country to hunt and I hope to make it back to western Africa one day!

Appears you and Wink had a superb hunt!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Beautiful lines on that rifle!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote