THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Sedgeley Springfield for sale...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sedgeley Springfield for sale...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hope this is appropriate here. The Boise Cabela's has a very nice Sedgely Springfield in 30-06 for sale. iirc, $800.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not exactly original condition: bolt handle altered, Lyman 48 removed, D&T for some kind of side mount with stock cut to accomodate it. It may be a shooter, but it certainly has no value as a collector's item.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
To each his own, but I would never consider a Sedgley conversion to be a custom rifle. More like a piece of junk IMO. Those $800 prices are ridiculous, but then there aren't many who know what Sedgley did to those WWI rifles. I don't think any two were built alike, just examine the three above.

Please understand that I am a serious collector of U.S. martial arms, from the SAW thru RVN, and own about a dozen WWI rifles in different configurations, so I am biased.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this assessment by a man who chooses to live in Kali...

Sedgely was highly regarded in his time, and since then by Custom Springfield collectors.
Especially those with P17 bolts.

Consider my remarks RE your residence of choice in poor taste? I'd guess it matches the tone of your Sedgely comments.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Many of the Sedgely's were built on Springfields with low serial number receivers. And this one?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Many of the Sedgely's were built on Springfields with low serial number receivers. And this one?

PLEASE!! Don't try to confuse IS with facts. Rich often goes off on these tangents, making ridiculous comments about bull Elk, shooting DRs on video and other topics. He should know better. 2020

Believe me, if I could move out of CA, I would, but my residence has no more to do with my knowledge than does IS residence in ID, but he does have an excuse, he was a ranger. rotflmo

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. It did sell for the asking price.
2. You are still in the American Gulag...

Rich (add smiley face here, no offense meant)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not surprised that Springfield collectors would pursue Sedgleys. They are just Springfield collectors. Not much special there.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting lot, those Springfield collectors!! I just heard about a Griffin and Howe custom, three # G&H serial, that sold for $28K!! Go figure!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SR,

there are people who collect barbed wire, and glass insulators from the early days of electrical transmission.

takes all kinds...