Notify
Tools

Another Wiebe Masterpiece
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Less than what it's worth to me and more than I'd admit to my wife.

TFF rotflmo

I hope you don't mind if I borrow that line sometime in the future.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What an amazing rifle....!

Best,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the rear tang and expect the design will give wrist strength that could not be achieved any other way.
Can you tell us a little more about the receiver upper tang which looks like it extends well back past the wrist and deep into the stock.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Charley,

I wondered where you obtained your opinions of fine rifles; you own fine rifles! I hope you have something VERY fine lined up to use them on. Maybe an African trip?

Did I ever tell you I have three of Stuart's actions sitting down stairs?

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alan. I've spoken with a few different operators about a trip to the Zambezi Valley, but two young daughters and my desire to not miss a couple weeks of their lives at this point has kept me from going yet. Maybe in a year or two.

Until then, the wild hogs in this area are suffering the wrath of my pent up desire to hunt Africa.

I really like the Satterlee actions, but with everything going on at the time and Staurt's flat refusal to commit to any sort of a timeline my decision to go with the GMA was made.

However, if you decide you want to unload one of those actions, you know my number.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charley,
congrats on a wonderful looking rifle, what a joy to own something put together by someone on the top of their craft...thanks for the pictures.

Posts: 548 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful! The bridges are .000005 to high but if you turn you heat down 2 degrees and retake the picture it will be perfect! Big Grin

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote