New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baileys 22 hornet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got to do some plinking with Baileys new 22 Hornet I only have one thing to say. DAM THAT THING IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. falling block action is smooth as silk, accuracy is amazing and as always the fit/fell as off the scale good. Good work Bailey keep it up my friend

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
P H O T O S !!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey will be downloading them soonish

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stop that--NOW dammit

rotflmo

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Don wanted to get out of Dallas for a few hours, so I told him if he showed up I'd put him to work. Well, work for him starts about lunch time, as he showed up at 11. I set him about the business of turning a wrist pin for an action I'm working on. With a little refresher on how to read a micrometer by way of turning the first attempt .003" undersized, he nailed it on the second go and even threaded the end. As a reward, he got to help look for my Wife's missing cow and we hurled some bullets out of the hornet single shot.

At one point, I yelled "BUFFALO", and damned if Don didn't sprint to the truck and assume this pose....( it's an inside joke)

Here are a couple of pics of the rifle

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
I just got to do some plinking with Baileys new 22 Hornet I only have one thing to say. DAM THAT THING IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. falling block action is smooth as silk, accuracy is amazing and as always the fit/fell as off the scale good. Good work Bailey keep it up my friend

Don't you hate it when you fall in love with something - or anything - that Bailey makes.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bailey,

Yet another masterpiece and I can't tell you how much I itch to play with your rifles. tu2

I see that damn hillbilly is still using his favourite type of rest though! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I maybe a hillbilly but I get to shoot Baileys rifle!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see that damn hillbilly is still using his favourite type of rest though!

In Texas...that is a proper set of shooting sticks...ain't it Don! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36609 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey,

I admire certain gunsmiths almost the same way kids admire other types. You are among a very few who, both, have the talents (artistic, engineering, machining) and build rifles of a style I am personally nuts for.

I am refinishing a claro stock I bought as a semi-inlet second (Great figure, but some serious checks that I've filled and reinforced) and first finished when I was 18 (I just turned 50).

I've actually reshaped and refinished the stock 4 or 5 times, the last couple of times with more inspiration from work like yours.

This time I'm using tung oil, which seems to be lighter than other finishes I've tried. The darker ones diminish the contrast of the claro figure and colors.

I've almost completely filled the grain with no finish buildup and a nice satin finish. How much buildup would you recommend?

I don't think I want a glossy finish, though the gloss makes the colors really "bling" in any light. Do you ever use a glossy finish?

Sorry if these are repeat questions, but I don't recall seeing them before...

Congrats on the success of all your hard work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, yes it is and it was even daylight NO light needed

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
So now Mr Hook, you get to play with such pretty toys, why the hell do you want to come to this side of the pond? Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scriptus,
I want to start a fish farm.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scriptus,
I want to start a fish farm.

Why? Haven't you got water over there? Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if done right it could make some good income. Business climate here is not conducive to opening anything. and it would take 100years to show a profit here due to costs

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
if done right it could make some good income. Business climate here is not conducive to opening anything. and it would take 100years to show a profit here due to costs

And as soon as you get going over here, some wanker will claim that you stole it from a black-man, or they will just nationalise your fish farm and tell you that your residence will not be renewed and you must voetsak!!!! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's when plan B kicks in

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the article is out thank Alan http://www.africanxmag.com/virtualxmag.htm