THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Montana Fine Gunmaking Seminars 2017
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Fine Gunmaking Seminars 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fine Gunmaking Seminars offered for 2017 will be two groups of four students each.

Session One, June 26-30, 2017 Metal Preparation, Polishing and Rust and Nitre Bluing Metal Preparation, Polishing and Rust and Nitre Bluing.

Session Two will be Gunstock Shaping Gunstock Shaping September 4-8, 2017.

Each session will be five full days (9-5:30) in the workshop mainly working on individual projects. We will begin each day with a lecture/discussion on various facets of the focus topic. (Maximum four student per group, these fill quickly, call ahead and deposit early to get your choice of classes. Please Contact me at: sdh@finegunmaking.com ASAP. Serious inquiry call 406-222-9377)
Discussion and demonstration will be according to each students project and will include virtually anything student want to discuss in about small shop custom gunmaking: Stock and metal finishing, tools, methods, business practices, efficiency, collaborations, special projects.
Students will spend the entire week in a working custom gunshop. Feedback suggests that this seminar is the means to the next level of professionalism in understanding, accomplishing and promoting fine gunmaking.

A Digital Brochure is availble on request: sdh@finegunmaking.com
Fine Gunmaking Seminars offered for 2017 will be two groups of four students each.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1794 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve, do you know what the cost will be this year?

Thanks!

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is on my list, but I never seem to fit in the time. I hope you keep these going for a few more years.

Great opportunity to visit my folks in Great Falls, swing down to Livingston, learn a lot, and get in some fly fishing.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cost for the week long seminar is $1650.00
Contact me for an informative brochure,
These seminars fill quickly, students come from all corners of the country and Canada, but only four per class. We always have a great time!

Professional Metal Polishing, Prep and Rust and Nitre bluing offered for the first time. Instruction to qualify for ACGG admittance as metal finisher.
Installing skeleton grip cap

Stock blank demonstration

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you that have requested my 2017 Brochure. I'm starting to take deposits... anyone else interested?
sdh@finegunmaking.com

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both Seminars are beginning to fill, and deposits arrive.

I just had a fellow ask for the brochure for next year. Most of the students come from a list I keep of interested parties from years past. Please let me know if you want on that list for future years, but please don't tire kick. This is a one-man operation and I put the most time into the classes when the student are here.

Check out the Trap Buttplate post above. I have all sorts of custom parts, tools, techniques and stuff around here that I show and explain to students beyond the regular curriculum.
Thanks for the positive response!
SDH
Student rifle project in process

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BOZEMAN CHRONICLE SEPT 2016

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the interested in the Seminars. They are booking up and it is time to think about attending before someone else decides to. The only school in North America teaching Stock Shaping from the Blank, a requirement for an ACGG Stockmaker.
Give me a call if you are seriously considering attending.
406-222-9377 afternoons please
Check out the web site for lots of Seminar photos~

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Stockmaking Seminar is now full with students coming from Conn., Penn, Oregon and Washington. Three will be shaping from the blank.

The Metal Prep and Rust Bluing is still open for students but the last week in June is rapidly approaching. Please contact me if you would like to attend. As I've said before, this is an area that will improve the quality of your gunmaking exponentially and is quite fun to accomplish.
My thanks to all that have followed and considered this,
SDH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone that may be interested in attending next years Fine Gunmaking Seminars might drop me a note at my website and I'll put you on the contact list.
Thanks for all the positive response and encouragement!
SDH