THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Gary Shannon 270 Norma XL 35deg on a Rem720
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gary Shannon 270 Norma XL 35deg on a Rem720
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Guys,
A while back, I bought a custom gun because I just wanted the action. It is a Remington 720, and I really tend to like these actions quite a bit.

But, this particular gun came from the estate of Gary Shannon. I know in the PNW, his name is not unfamiliar, but I'm wondering if he had much of a following elsewhere.

I really have no interest in that chambering, so I'm still thinking I might just bust it up. I'm sure someone with an old Enfield project might be able to make use of the barrel, dies, brass and loads. I personally have no use for an under 30 caliber magnum centerfire.

But, if he had any kind of national following, I'd hate to break up the gun if someone thought his stuff was collectable. If you guys tell me he's a nobody, you'll probably see these take off parts up for sale soon. If you guys think his work is worth saving, you'll probably see the whole package up for sale, or hopefully, traded for another 720 action and decent bottom metal.

Some advise would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1308 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking I'm going to break this rifle up. Would anyone be interested in the barrel and all the reloading equipment?

Posts: 1308 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote