New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 52
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Still playing with Imgur trying to figure out this image posting.

One of the most talented of the forgotten gunsmiths is Harvey Rodgers. He developed his own unique style that once you see a few of his guns is easy to identify. This particular rifle is still in the original stock, but even so you can still see the clean sharp lines that are typical of his work. His best work was the equal to anything being done at the time, yet he is virtually unknown other than what Michael Petrov had written.

I have a few more pictures of his work if anyone is interested.

This would be much easier if this forum had a "preview post" button.

Regards,
John

Posts: 553 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You done good! If you want them smaller, pick Hot Link for Forums, at least on the Postimage menu.

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about the only thing that 52 needs is some custom bottom metal

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lindy

Who makes a 52 custom bottom metal ??
(pictures) ??

I have a 52 project in the works for some time and getting ready to get er done soon .. but would be interested in upgrading the bottom end ..

Thanks ..

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allen, you can purchase model 52 bottom metal from Swift/Blackburn . Ted Blackburn designed the unit. It deletes the magazine release button from the side of the stock and replaces it with an inside the trigger bow release like a Mauser or Model 70. Here is a link:

https://www.swiftbullets.com/p.../blackburn-gun-metal

The Model 52 unit retails for $360 on the website. I actually have a unit I purchased several years ago and have never gotten around to using it. I would be willing to sell it for less than retail. If you are interested let me know.

Here is a link to another Forum with pictures of an in progress custom Model 52 with the Blackburn bottom metal:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com...wthread.php?t=581810

Wyatt

Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast USA | Registered: 01 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Gary Goudy's shop for a visit some years ago and he was finishing a Model 52 sporter for a client. An amazing rifle. I have always liked them since my Dad had a m 52 target rifle that he used for years shooting 4 position gallery competition.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote