THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    .416 Ruger guide gun....altered severaly by Extreme Rifle Works
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Ruger guide gun....altered severaly by Extreme Rifle Works
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I sent my .416 ruger guide gun to rick stienhour of extreme rifle works in texas to have it put on a diet and make it more functional as a tool for my guiding. haev about 100 rounds thru it and several hunts so its not spottless straight from the smith anymore but these pics will give you and idea.
It came back at 5lb 11oz, new stock to fit my shorter arms and smaller hands, fluted and dimpled bolt, turned down barrell action and front sight, rear sight removed (have a peep for it), moved the sling stud to the nose to elimnate busting my fingers, shortened the forend of the stock about 5 inches, cerakoted it and installed a new recoil pad.
the gun fits amazing, handles amazing, shoots awesome. we have 300 gr TSX at 2600fps right now, its shooting about 1.5" groups but we haven't played with the load to much at this point. i'm thrilled with the gun, ricks turn around was less than three weeks since the post office lost the gun for 21 days...i was running behind and rick hammered it out and sent me updates almost every day on what he was working on next!

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there's a hunting machine!

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i like it

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great rifle to carry a lot.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
A great rifle to carry a lot.

...and only shoot when you need to! Call me a wuss! Rhymes with...

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's gotta be a bit lively! Seems like its great for carrying around all day though.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like the bolt treatment to dimple the bottom side. Definitely fits the bill for packing rifle. Need to scrape up the funds to see it in person on a hunt.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
id even let you shoot it jeremy! shoot me a pm and make me an offer on a hunt, i've got alot of 2017 open, maybe we could work something out!

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find something about it I don't like but can't. Really cool rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks handy as hell, I like it!

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Those are some interesting looking mods and I'd like to look at them and see how they work for you.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
phil so far i have loved the gun! usualy with deer hunters on kodiak i take my scope off just to drop the weight, this fall i never did, the gun is just a joy to carry, and don't feel like a toy. feels like a big stick and its really not bad to shoot either. no regrets at all with what i did to the orignal gun.

Master guide #212