New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO ZZK peep sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Continuing some mods on my CZ 550 (Lott).
Would like to find a BRNO ZZK type peep. Have my rear bridged milled to accept it.
Neat as that it is spring loaded so you can compress it and still add a scope if you wish.
My eyes are too old to use a blade barrel mounted rear sight any longer for open sight applications.
Cannot find anything on my web searches other than pictures.
Any direction ???
Not interested at this point with the units that mount to the rear bridge with compression screws

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Would like to find a BRNO ZZK type peep. Have my rear bridged milled to accept it.
Neat as that it is spring loaded so you can compress it and still add a scope if you wish.
My eyes are too old to use a blade barrel mounted rear sight any longer for open sight applications.
Any direction ???
Not interested at this point with the units that mount to the rear bridge with compression screws

EZ

Obtaining an original Brno ZZK peep sight would be akin to paddling a canoe to the moon. Because they compress under the rear scope mount ring owners of these so equipped rifles have no need to remove the peep sight to mount a scope so you rarely see them come up for sale.
This was unlike the set trigger and standard trigger some of the ZZK rifles came with, the spare trigger coming in a small green cloth bag which invariably got lost or was traded off if the owner didn't ever intend swapping from the trigger he was most comfortable with.

Good luck in your search, probably quicker to get a good photo or loan of a peep and have one made.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly!
Reason for the search.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Any direction ???

EZ

Obtaining an original Brno ZZK peep sight would be akin to paddling a canoe to the moon. Because they compress under the rear scope mount ring owners of these so equipped rifles have no need to remove the peep sight to mount a scope so you rarely see them come up for sale.
This was unlike the set trigger and standard trigger some of the ZZK rifles came with, the spare trigger coming in a small green cloth bag which invariably got lost or was traded off if the owner didn't ever intend swapping from the trigger he was most comfortable with.

Good luck in your search, probably quicker to get a good photo or loan of a peep and have one made.

Not always true. Guy on AH sold these this past may:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baxter<
Any recollection who posted them?

EZ

quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Any direction ???

EZ

Not always true. Guy on AH sold these this past may:

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Yes, he screen name is RudiB he’s from RSA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe AHR made a copy of the ZKK peep in their custom shop. They passed that work on to Matrix Gunsmithing

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one fitted to my LH CZ550. It’s a very neat modification.

You do see them come up for sale very occasionally.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I "might" have one in my numerous boxes of parts for projects I'll never finish. I'll start digging, finding it will be an endeavor.

Posts: 522 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote