New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kenyon triggers...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I made a trade for a 1948 cloverleaf tang, transitional safety Old Model 70 action at a little gun show about 20 miles west of us.

It has a Kenyon trigger. Would any of you have an instruction sheet I could get a copy of? It is set at 2oz.

thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
google it - there's lots of info

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
should have thought of that, thanks.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl Kenyon's triggers are something to behold. They bring ridiculous money. They were hand made with a hacksaw and a file! My friend new Karl Kenyon very well and has a few of his triggers for Win 52's. He routinely turns down offers of $500 for one. If you can't find the adjustment details online I will get with my friend. I am seeing him early April as it is now.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Will this give you the info you need Rich?
http://www.busseltonrc.com/Art...er%20Engineering.pdf

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
custombolt,

yes it does.

thanks,

Rich

I also had a Canjar sitting here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Airgun1,

I believe it. This guy had a 1948 M70 with the trigger and the old wood HiPower stock for sale.

He wanted $300 for the trigger, and one out of my OM 70 stash. I just traded for the action and stock. He was asking $800 for everything.
The barrel was 28" long in 30-06 with about 3" of the throat gone. About the size of a truck axle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not find a used pre 64 mod. 70 trigger, I see them for sale pretty often, and several outfits sell mod. 70 parts. The mod. 70 trigger is the BEST trigger ever made for a hunting rifle...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Thought Ray,

But, because I am having it rebuilt and rebarreled (in 6.5-284 NORMA)for 1000 yard shooting, and I have never met anybody who could take a factory trigger down to less than two ounces.

The only hunting it will see is shooting Rockchucks and a few coyotes/wolves up around Salmon...

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
Im in agreement with that, but I have no use for 1.5 oz trigger on any firearm, Im just not that coordinated, I can live with 2.5 on a benchrest gun, but Ive never won a real championship, maybe that's the reason!! oh well its too late now! Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote