New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reno Anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was hoping that by now somebody who attended the ACGG show in Reno would have filed a report and maybe posted a few photos as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Likewise? Anyone have a report (and hopefully pictures) for those of us who could not attend?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1481 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
and "few" photos in this case means between 50-75 Big Grin

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I just got back last nite, no pictures. However, it was a great show and I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days. It was a pleasurable auction and banquet evening also with some great stuff going at very reasonable prices. Met with a few very nice folks from here on AR.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days.

what'd you do - stay in the hotel room Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
...and stayed away from all mirrors. Big Grin

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody please post some pics.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
quote:
I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days.

what'd you do - stay in the hotel room Big Grin

Nope, so and so didn't show up and a good time was had by all.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days

Yeah, Jim....sorry, I couldn't make it !!!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well at least this tread was good for a laugh...

While I did not make it, my rifle was with Ralf Martini. From talking with Ralf seems like the show went well.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
and I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days

Yeah, Jim....sorry, I couldn't make it !!!!!

Wasn't you but it is pretty obvious who I was referring to. dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Well I just got back last nite, no pictures. However, it was a great show and I did not meet or run into one, not one, obnoxious SOB all three days. It was a pleasurable auction and banquet evening also with some great stuff going at very reasonable prices. Met with a few very nice folks from here on AR.

I had just about the same experience when I went last year. Lots of real nice folks there. Most of the gunmakers were very generous with their time and knowledge. And it was a pleasure to be able to see some really great work. My only problem was that I did run into one guy that was a real prick. He was so damn obnoxious that I don't even want to write what he did here on this post. He had such a fat head that it was almost as fat as his belly. shocker

Fortunately, of all of the people there, he was the only guy that I ran into that was like that, both at the ACGG show and at the SCI show as well.

It really is a great show, and well worth going to. And the Seafood buffet at the Nugget Hotel is out of this world!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:

While I did not make it, my rifle was with Ralf Martini. From talking with Ralf seems like the show went well.

Did you go on your Tanzania buffalo hunt?

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some pics gentleman.... Hey Larry, great to meet you at the 'Hunt Australia' booth.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
quote:

I had just about the same experience when I went last year. Lots of real nice folks there. Most of the gunmakers were very generous with their time and knowledge. And it was a pleasure to be able to see some really great work. My only problem was that I did run into one guy that was a real prick. He was so damn obnoxious that I don't even want to write what he did here on this post. He had such a fat head that it was almost as fat as his belly. shocker

HMMMMM, I seem to remember at lest three guys who told you to phuque off. He comes the liar again. And ain't it strange how I never made mention of anyname? Sorry, I'm done. Aren' those pictrues of SCI and not the ACGG?

Fortunately, of all of the people there, he was the only guy that I ran into that was like that, both at the ACGG show and at the SCI show as well.

It really is a great show, and well worth going to. And the Seafood buffet at the Nugget Hotel is out of this world!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, I'm done.

quote:
ain't it strange how I never made mention of anyname?

I don't seem to recall I made mention of any names either. Did you think I was referring to you?

I am glad you are done. clap Now maybe the rest of us can get back to the original thesis of this thread, which was the ACGG show for 2011.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great pics!

Gees guys the hostility almost overshadows the pics.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Surprised Cavner and Julian were there given Cavner's recent aviation incident.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I would have loved to have gone. I didn't make it but I had a rifle there. James Anderson had it on his table.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
A big thanks to Terry for sending his rifle back so I could display it at the show.

I ran around the show with a video camera, but didn't take any still pictures.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1841 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second James' comment...customers really bend over backwards to allow us gunmakers to show guns probably already paid for and are most anxious to take delivery but will often wait...risking some fool with gold chains and giant rings that just can't keep his hands off.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Duane, good thing I didn't have a gold chain and massive ring since I was also pawing over your stuff. Big Grin

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mybe another request for pictures of the ACGG/FEGA expo. not the SCI show, anyone.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mybe another request for pictures of the SCGG/FEGA expo. not the SCI show, anyone.

That would be ACGG/FEGA show, anyone?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone? besides the troller?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mybe another request for pictures of the ACGG/FEGA expo. not the SCI show, anyone.

Weren't you there?

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One would think that an invited member of a closed organization would be proud enough of that accomplishment to make sure to spell it correctly when making reference to it in public.

One of the things that Mr. Kobe very often does on this board is to chide other people for changing their posts, yet he does so as well, as evidenced here.

And then he has the nerve to call 458Win a troller! shame

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
One would think that an invited member of a closed organization would be proud enough of that accomplishment to make sure to spell it correctly when making reference to it in public.

One of the things that Mr. Kobe very often does on this board is to chide other people for changing their posts, yet he does so as well, as evidenced here.

And then he has the nerve to call 458Win a troller! shame

So he fat-fingered a letter...big deal

He "chides" others for changing a post when called out on something, not when theres a typo.

Where/when did he call Phil a Troller?

Why do you deem it neccesary to "troll" every thread that Jim posts on?

Chuck, I believe he was there, I think he was just seeing if others had pics to post up of the ACGG show as opposed to the SCI show...I'd like to see some too.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cmfic1

Are you Mr. Kobe's spokesman?

"a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off -topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, ..."

If you can read, please look carefully at this thread. You will note that I started it, and my post did not have any inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages in it. It asked a couple of simple questions. 1. Would anybody like to report on Reno, and 2, Would anybody have any photos to show.

Now, take a look at Mr. Kobe's first post on this thread. I don't know who he was referring to, but his post certainly had extraneous and off topic messages in it that were not necessary.

In his next post, instead of responding to the lead post, he speaks about a "so and so" not showing up and a good time had by all. Again, more extraneous and off topic messaging.

Then he calls somebody an "obnoxious SOB". Again, more extraneous and off topic messaging.

Then he called me a "liar".

Then he called somebody else a "troller".

It would appear that it is Mr. Kobe who is the troller in this thread, and it would also appear that you are one as well, unless you would like to make a report on the ACGG/FEGA show or post some photos of the event.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the immortal words of Rodney King "why can't we all just get along?"

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Nope, not Kobe's spokeman.

"Troll" may or may not have been the term to use (depends whom you ask). And your right; Jim did say a couple things, but in no way did he direct them towards you.....assumption, might have been something you did or think.

And yes Asshole I can read. I am not defending anyone, I was simply asking a few questions, and you took offense to them.

I will apologize to you for being a part of sorta/kinda taking your thread off course.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asshole

my, my, my

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Right let's see if we can get back on track. I was fortunate enough to attend again this year and was able to get 26 of my students From Colorado School of Trades to also attend. I never thought that the Guild members could out do last years hospitality but they sure did. A great time was had by all. And for all those who think James Andersons mini Mauser looks good you should see it in person. Also Martin Hagn has a new Mini Hagn action that is for up to a 222 Remington sized case and it is way cool. Duane had his bolt handles as well as his bottom metal there and of course two very nice rifles as well. I apologize if I don't get a name with the photo I am going from memory with many of these. I have many more pictures but I am still compiling them at the moment so I hope these help. I also believe the Guild is looking into doing a calender next year.

Michael J
CST Students with 2 celebrated Alumni Jerry Fisher and Steve Heilman

Ralph Martini

Robert Snapp

Jerry Fisher
Joe Seely

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
The front rifle on Steve Nelson's table is amazing. I especially like the quarter rib.

Heck, they are all amazing.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1022 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to the Guild Show this year, it was my 3rd year in a row.

There is no doubt in my mind that the finest handling rifles there are the ones made by Ralf Martini.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Damn, you double rifle shooters might actually know a thing or two about handling after all. Smiler

Here are a few photos this troller took at the guild show

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:

Weren't you there?

Yes, unfortunately I did not take my camera and besides, my photography sucks as evident by some comments I have received fishing

Thanks to Phil for those photos, it was a pleasure tyo meet him.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple more so you don't think I was only interested in Hagn

A nice 6.5x55 I think it was one of James Tuckers

and then something any Alskan guide would swoon over

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:

Did you go on your Tanzania buffalo hunt?

Hi Mike,

Yea, we had a great time with Brian...took a couple of really big buffalo and a few PG.

We were in Dallas and just missed you at Adam's booth...hopefully we can shake hands and have a beer next year!

Ralf's 404 worked great!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recognize the BRNO safety on that G.33/40 by Tucker. But what is that rear sight? Who makes it?