one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Mybe another request for pictures of the ACGG/FEGA expo. not the SCI show, anyone.

Weren't you there?

Yes, unfortunately I did not take my camera and besides, my photography sucks as evident by some comments I have received fishing

Thanks to Phil for those photos, it was a pleasure tyo meet him.

It wasn't the photography skills that were being commented on.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I recognize the BRNO safety on that G.33/40 by Tucker. But what is that rear sight? Who makes it?

Who MADE it. No longer in production.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more photo's

Hope you enjoyed
Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michaelj:
A few more photo's

Hope you enjoyed
Michael J

That's one is mine Smiler....8.25 lbs of form and function...and two buffalo to its credit...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle jjs...could you share some details with us?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My pleasure.

Granite Mountain Standard Mag. action, kreiger barrel, and a Turkish walnut blank I purchased a few years back. Turnbull did the color casing. Ralf took it from there arranging the engraving, did all the metal work, designed and sculped the stock....a fine rifle that really handles and shoots great....caliber is 404 Jeffery.

Ralf does fantasic work and is a great guy to work with....there are alot of details that contribute to the rifles function and beauty!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I recognize the BRNO safety on that G.33/40 by Tucker. But what is that rear sight? Who makes it?

Who MADE it. No longer in production.

It's a Lyman 1A, specifically made to fit on the rear of the cocking piece. These were also made in a deluxe windage-adjustable model (not shown) and are quite rare and pricey nowadays. They are most often seen on older Mausers, Krags and 1903 Springfields of the earlier styles.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:
Well at least this tread was good for a laugh...

While I did not make it, my rifle was with Ralf Martini. From talking with Ralf seems like the show went well.

Did you go on your Tanzania buffalo hunt?

Hi Mike,

Yea, we had a great time with Brian...took a couple of really big buffalo and a few PG.

We were in Dallas and just missed you at Adam's booth...hopefully we can shake hands and have a beer next year!

Ralf's 404 worked great!

Jim,

I am sorry I missed you in Dallas. Send me some pictures of your hunt.....I sent you a PM with my email. All the best.

Mike

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michaelj:
I was fortunate enough to attend again this year and was able to get 26 of my students From Colorado School of Trades to also attend.

A very BIG thanks to your students that helped some of the guild members haul stuff out to the car.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1840 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote