THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    One piece Bottom metal for Winchester M70 3006 Length Action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One piece Bottom metal for Winchester M70 3006 Length Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm going to rebarrel a nineties gun from 30/06 to 416 Ruger. I don't like the two piece bottom metal. I need bottom metal, a magaxine box, spring & follower that match. I found one at Pacific tool & Gauge. Any other suggestions?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
An add in the new GUNMAKER magazine shows pre-64 bottom metal makes them MMACKAY@MACKAYMFG.COM
1-509-994-1001

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go with the Mackay.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunnyhill

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
I would go with the Mackay.

Unless brand new...Mac Kay has yet to make a POST 64 unit..PRE 64 won't work.

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had squirreled away a left hand express stock designed for large calibers. Midwest gun works had a one piece super grade bottom metal for it. It's a drop in for the express stock.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote