New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
www.montanarifleco.com I could do without that ugly scope mount, machined as part of the action. And, S.S. doesn't rust blue......

Posts: 685 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yuk!

Posts: 426 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That could be interesting if new owners make a little more refined product this time around. The original actions felt pretty rough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So this post made me do some looking. What I found makes this sound very interesting.

Reading that these actions will be fully machined, not cast like the originals. Also read that the stocks will be made by McMillan. If those two things are true, that makes this a very interesting factory rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the integral mounts either though the last pic on the site shows Talley LW's

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with them at SCI. The actions seem pretty slick and they dropped some weight from the original 1999.

They plan on offering actions without the built in bases as well for those that prefer that look

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Only Ruger and CZ/BRNO integral mounts look good.

And yes, as someone points out, the bottom pic has Talleys

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Interesting, not the rifles, but the town they are located in. Memphis Michigan is a small farming community where my Mom was born and raised, still have lots of family up there, though the farm is long gone. That area got hit hard when a flame retardant got mixed in with dairy feed, had 2 uncles have their heards killed over this. They say that most people living in Southern Michigan at the time this happened still have the chemicals in their bodies. They made a movie with Ron Howard about the incident.

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
Had two full customs built off an MRC action. Both had feeding issues and continued to get stuck on a daily basis. My ‘smith tells me we are done using those. Seeing this solidifies any doubts I may have had…

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote