New
Find
Notify
Tools

tip burns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does anybody know what's up with tip burns? his number is disconnected. is he still in business?

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tip sold out his shop some time ago. He's now with Blaser USA.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And so is Biebs

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not I...retired and loving it! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that really a guy's name or is it a medical case for the urologist? One thing I know, I really hate it when my tip burns!

I'd go by "Tipton Burns" or "Tip Burnsides" rather than.... well, you get the picture.

I'm sure he does fine work kind of like Smuckers makes fine jams.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tip knows his way around rifles, for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Biebs knows his tips.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rodell:
And Biebs knows his tips.

Eww!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drove up to the old shop about this time last year and was told Tip closed down. Great smith and guy and I hope he is happy working on those ugly Blasers! :-)

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Tip stopped by the house about a year ago; he's very happy where he is now--someone else has to deal with the customers.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes he knows rifles and I like him and his work too. Darn.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I talk to Tip often...yep, he is happy and traveling...miss him as a gunsmith though!

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
budiceale,
If you would like to contact me my e mail is tip@blaser-usa.com. Be happy to help any way I can. I just happened to be looking around on here today and saw this. Kind words from all of you. Thanks.
As for you Zekeshikar, I would invite you to refrain from talking trash about my name.

Posts: 51 | Location: canyon lake,texas | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
email sent and thanks for getting back with me