Notify
Tools

Customized A-Bolt Shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted
Hey Guys,

Here is another one of my project guns. This one was my 2007 project I believe. It was a simple upgrade/semi-custom project. I started with a cosmetically beat up, significantly discounted, factory A-Bolt shotgun and progressed from there.

I'll start with the orignal gun and move forward.

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
I started with the metal work. I chose to go with a weather proof coating in this case Teflon. I had Lee Meechum of Black Ice coatings do the work.

Below are the eventual results.

JC

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
I simultaneously sent off the stock to "Doc" at MPI..

JC

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
Without going into lengthy detail I upgrade the rings and bases to Warne QR rings and add a Leupold 3-9x40 VX-II with LR reticle. Additionally to ensure proper check weld I added a bear tooth comb raising kit, then finally a bipod for kicks!

While this process actually took many months, and considerable time and frustration to complete, I was very happy with the end result. In requim, I did however sell the gun shortly after completion and adequate range testing to confirm that I had other 12ga rilfed slug guns that, while not as attractive, were in fact more accurate! (Final resale value covered all investment, upgrade and range related costs.)

JC