New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeffery or Rigby Stock Pattern
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know of a duplicator that has a Mauser pattern stock that would be very close to a Jeffery or Rigby or a Type A Oberndorf stock? Specifically, long open grip, short narrow forearm and no extra wood on stock. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Try a call to Art Selnau doing business as Star S Gunworks in Aurora, OR. Phone 503-678-1835. Art has quite a few English and Continental patterns, if I recall correctly. His duplicating is exceptionally accurate and very finished for a rough machined stock. Should you require a blank, Art has thousands of most amazing wood blanks and is unpretentious about his stock.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if he uses a duplicator, but Lon Paul knows the dimensions and styling cues of the older British rifles probably better than anyone. He's refinishing a couple of Rigby takedown magazine rifles for me now. Go to www.lonpaulcustomguns.com and take a look.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles on that site. The grip design is interesting. Not so much wide open as set back a little, but still has a more closed shape. Accomplishes having your hand farther back from the guard yet seems "easier" to hold on to.

Posts: 90 | Location: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: 13 January 2010Reply With Quote