New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom scope bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They might not pretty but they are proper.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The mounts - yes only a mother would love them but the presentation - Subtle - I like that!

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foster,
by inletting the rear base in to the rib my hope was to make them as subtle as possible. H&H usually just screwed the rear base to the top of the rib or the action itself which I feel makes them even more obtrusive. I was also able to set the scope lower this way, an added bonus. This one will be built up like a pre-WWI Holland through and though. I even scored an original stock to use as a pattern which was pretty lucky, as was finding the H&H scope with mounts. This has been a fun one so far. On to the front sight and sling swivels eyes now.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, I think those mounts would make the folks at Holland happy. They fit the period look of the gun, and the lever release looks just right. Nice quarter rib too.

Wyatt

Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast USA | Registered: 01 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyatt,
the top half, rings and scope, are original Holland equipment. I fabricated the bases and rib. Sights and sling hardware coming up next.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a neat project! What caliber are you making it into?

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
State of the art for 1912.....375 H&H flanged. It may end up with a .30 super barrel as well but I have a Black Bear hunt coming up so finishing the first barrel and getting it stocked will be my priority.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll be a lot of fun to bear hunt with. I'm anxious to see the finished photos.

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote