New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 bandwagon rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So here is a little 6.5 Creemoor I just wrapped up for my 13 year old daughter. She’s left-eye dominant and has trouble w/ trying to use a right hand rifle. Left hand stainless SA 700 action, #2 CM Shilen blank cut on both ends for 21 1/2” OAL, and a takeoff CDL stock Badwolf from on this site sold to me for this project (very reasonably I might add). I cut the plastic forend tip and grip cap off and replaced with rosewood blocks, reshaped, added a shadowline and refinished along with adding a decelerator pad. Topped with Talley Lightweights and a Weaver GS 2-8x36. Turned out light and handy, we’ll sight it in tomorrow. It’s not the ‘best’ quality some post here, but I think she’ll like it. Oh, also used Quick Klip DBM and it feeds slick with the centerfeed box mag.

And before you comment, I’m sure the pics are upside down or something crazy, but they are straight on my phone, for some reason tinypic does that.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. What a beauty! You do really nice work.

Your daughter ought to be thrilled with this rifle.

Wish I had a rifle like that when I was 13.

I’m trying to make up for it now that I’m older! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. It still could use a little cleanup in the checkering and I had issue with the rosewood taking finish...stayed tacky a bit, must be pretty oily stuff. I did get a chance to get it zeroed yesterday. First shot was 1" left of POI so I adjusted R and U and next two shots were touching 3/4" high. This was at 60 yards but will give her less than 1 1/2" high or low out to 200 yards.

She'll have this next weekend to shoot it and then WI rifle opens the following...hope it's good luck for her!

Load was 120gr Nosler bt's at 2850. Mild recoil and it looks like it will be a shooter.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice tu2

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Well done! tu2

One of Us
Picture of urbaneruralite
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, just too big. Usually have to adjust size in forum software.

Nice rig!

Posts: 57 | Location: SE, US | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote