New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Tasteful" engraving
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What do you consider to be "tasteful" engraving?

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, for a rifle to be "tasteful" no single portion shoud stand out and each should complement the whole. When you first look at it you shuld think - "wow, what a lovely rifle" - rather than "look at that engraving"

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil,
You hit the nail on the head. No one part of a rifle should make you overlook the rest. I like somebody to admire my whole rifle and then look at the individual items.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Phil,
You hit the nail on the head. No one part of a rifle should make you overlook the rest. I like somebody to admire my whole rifle and then look at the individual items.
Butch

Absolutely!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, with the serial number on the trigger guard, that screams old British....Westley Richards?

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote