The Accurate Reloading Forums
"Tasteful" engraving

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/6461012131

19 April 2010, 20:44
22WRF
"Tasteful" engraving
What do you consider to be "tasteful" engraving?
19 April 2010, 21:06
PSmith

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck
19 April 2010, 21:15
458Win
In my opinion, for a rifle to be "tasteful" no single portion shoud stand out and each should complement the whole. When you first look at it you shuld think - "wow, what a lovely rifle" - rather than "look at that engraving"

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com
19 April 2010, 21:35
butchlambert
Phil,
You hit the nail on the head. No one part of a rifle should make you overlook the rest. I like somebody to admire my whole rifle and then look at the individual items.
Butch
19 April 2010, 22:17
Boss Hoss
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Phil,
You hit the nail on the head. No one part of a rifle should make you overlook the rest. I like somebody to admire my whole rifle and then look at the individual items.
Butch

Absolutely!
20 April 2010, 01:47
Biebs
Paul, with the serial number on the trigger guard, that screams old British....Westley Richards?