New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Gunmaking Seminar
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Classes are now forming for the 2013 Montana Custom Gunmaking Seminar in Livingston, MT in the workshops of Steven Dodd Hughes.

There will be a maximum of 4 students per class. Focus will be stockmaking, handwork, small tool and small parts making with hand tools. All students should have some well defined experience in, and great desire for learning custom gunmaking.

Five days in a working custom gunshop, lecture, demonstration and individual projects.
Five days, $1500, space is limited.
Please go the my website or email sdh@finegunmaking.com for more information.

Pics from 2012

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1791 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prospective students attending the Livingston Gun Show this weekend are invited for a shop tour...

Quote from last years attendee: "... I am really looking forward to coming back for another gunmaking class and expanding on what I learned last year it seems like as time goes by more and more of what we talked about is sinking in."

Another, "I think Steve did a wonderful job catering to me and the other two students considering our varying degrees of experience, we all left feeling we had greatly enhanced our skills and knowledge of custom gun work regardless of our experience going into the class."

Student projects in process
Inletting a skeleton grip cap with chisel made in class.

Reaming a High Wall tang screw hole

Inletting a Ruger #1 with scraper made in class

Full-Scale drawing in class

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1791 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote