THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Hey, this is a custom gun too...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, this is a custom gun too...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread has me wanting to restock a little re-barreled CZ I have. T-J, is the metal all factory or custom tube?? I must have gotten one of the few CZ's that didn't shoot. The bore scope revealed extremely deep reamer marks the full length of the bore. I re-barreled with one of my friends Dan Muller's special rim fire barrels and it now shoots like my Annie.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The metal came from a Model 1 that had been arsenal converted to single shot. It still had the correct bolt numbered to the receiver which is rare. I bought the original parts to convert it back to a repeater. The extractors had also been removed and a fired case placed in the chamber. I assume it was used for some sort of drill. The barreled action was in wonderful condition and the bore was pristine. It shot so well that it was used with the factory barrel to create this custom .22. I had seen a picture of Don Blincoe's Model 1 posted on the internet. I will attempt to attach one to this post. It was the inspiration for this project. I later (quite a story) held the blincoe rifle in my hands and got to examine it.

Thanks for the kind words.
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additional pics, John. That is a gorgeous rifle! FWIW, I've heard of the Blincoe custom, but I've never seen the pics.

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is one of Roger Vardy's Brno

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, thanks for the pics. Roger has a very nice Brno!

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous rifles!!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like that dark wood. It would be nice to go thru Roger's wood.

However, the plane trip is a killer.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Wright:
I really like that dark wood. It would be nice to go thru Roger's wood.

However, the plane trip is a killer.

Dick, just go to his website. He ships over here all the time.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote