THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Step by Step Pre 64 M70 9.3x62 (pic heavy)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Step by Step Pre 64 M70 9.3x62 (pic heavy)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted
Maybe for posterity, I thought I'd journal my rifles build.

Pre 64 M70 complete action ordered from a gent in VA. Money enroute and should arrive to me next week. Not sure of ser # but it's supposed to be between 1948 and 1958.

Pacnor #3 SS Match in 9.3mm heading towards Lee Christianson of Wisconsin. Final length to be 24".

D'Arcy Echols Legend stock arrived today.

I talked to Matt @ Echols and he said he inserted two steel rods and covered the ends with epoxy and sands it smooth.

OAL of the 9.3x62 is 3.367" Bearing surface/boattail angle is right at the shoulder/neck junction.

[IMG]http://i26.p
This helps show the cast off.

I got lucky and somehow received one installed front swivel studd. They normally don't come with any studds.

Bunch of inletting shots.

For the bottom metal.

Cut for 14" LOP.

Faux steel grip cap

Label upside down

Weight = 21 oz

I'll keep adding to this post as items arrive.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a few good M70 guys selling guns, actions, and parts in VA. If your's is coming from Chris Price in Cloverdale you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Great! I need a warm fuzzy. Yep, it's Chris.

Alan

posted Hide Post
Where can i find one of those stocks? Got a win 70 i installed a 375 Ruger barrel on and would like a light weight stock. Whats the cost on one?

Posts: 17 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can only get them from Darcy Echols. It is the best SYN stock you can buy for a Model 70. IMHO. You need to ask Darcy for the price.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Call D'Arcy @ his shop in No Utah; 435-755-6842. Cost me $515 he shipped for free. It still needs to have bolt handle notch and ejector port cut then painted as well as bedding.

Alan

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I think Cas II has some Legends as well.
Heres the link to his website

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The legend really is the best synthetic stock made.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote