THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Western Washington Rifle Smith Recommendation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Western Washington Rifle Smith Recommendation?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up a stainless Model 70 Classic in 30-06. A previous owner dropped it into either an MPI or Bansner stock but did not bed it. Also, the floor plate sometimes pops open. I want to get it bedded by a gunsmith who can also fix the floor plate problem.

Who are our favorites in western Washington for that kind of work?

Thanks,

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Maybe try Mike Palazzo. He’s in Covington by the library near Costco. Have heard great things about him and been to his place once, seems a very knowledgeable guy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Okie,

Might give Loren Peter a call. He lives in Vancouver, WA and does excellent work. 360-892-0734.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ended up going with Freudenberg in Everett. I dropped the rifle off on Halloween and picked it up yesterday, so the service was lightning fast.

I mounted a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 on it last night and test-fired it this afternoon. With 180-grain Winchester factory PowerPoint ammo, four groups averaged 1.21 MOA at 100 yards. Now I need to work up a handload and see what happens.

I'm delighted with the work and will definitely have him handle other projects for me.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard