New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wifes new rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FN crf action, Lilja #4 barrel, Pendleton Composite stock, 7mm-08. Palin pink in color, satin mag cerrakote. Oh, and she has a matching shotgun!

Blagg Rifles, Eastern OR

Posts: 103 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle. I would be proud to take that to the range. It needs a scope. the same color as the stock.

Posts: 145 | Location: Haines Oregon | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Leupold Gunmetal Gray would probably look nice with that metal finish. You can usually get great prices on them, as the don't sell well as they don't go with many finishes, but on this one it would look great.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I agree Biebs, only thing is, I wish Leupold would tone down the shintness on the grey scopes. If they made them more matte looking, I would bet they'd sell a bunch more.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I have to tell the truth----I LIKE IT! Gives me an idea!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know, I hadn't thought about the matte silver scope. I have a 2.5x7 33 Luepold and S&K rings and bases for it. The bases will be Cerrakoted but the rings were gonna be black to match the scope. The wife has never shot a scoped rifle before so the idea of a fast aqusition and wide field of view was on my mind. The rifle comes in about 7 pounds with scope.

Blagg Rifles, Eastern OR

Posts: 103 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice. I would have thought that it would be heavier with the 4 contour barrel though.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Showed this to my wife and was ordered never to get her a pink rifle. She really likes her Blaser R93.

We both like this one. Anything to spur interest and get more people involved in shooting and hunting!

We've got twin 13 year old neices that would LOVE this rifle. They arlready like to shoot and this would send them over the edge.

I'll have to build a bigger deer blind if they both want to hunt this year.

You've given us an idea also!

Good luck.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
Blued metal resting on metal hooks hurts my teeth. shame

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iceman, that gun isnt done yet. That barrel is on it to hold it on the hooks. Besides I have bluing tanks. Big Grin

Blagg Rifles, Eastern OR

One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
Ah, gotcha, But the wifes rifle is sharp though, Good job.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1