THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Found a scrimshaw artist! w/ pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a scrimshaw artist! w/ pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
You might remember my post a little bit ago looking for a scrimshaw artist. I ended up using Gatogordo's suggestion of Ron Leubke Jr. Yes, he does a lot of nudes, but after looking at his work I emailed him and told him what I had and what my idea was, and although it's a departure from what he normally does, he said he'd be willing to do the work. Fast-forward two weeks and I am a happy camper. Ron took my idea, asked for a bit of latitude on the execution (which I happily gave him) and he made what will be (I think) very nice Christmas gifts for my wife and daughter. The wife is a snow bunny so she gets the snowflake.

Highly recommend Ron, friendly, fast, reasonable and damn good!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are nice! I can see where the wife would not appreciate a nude. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
That is nice, Baxter.

What's the material he's working with?

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Bren:

They are elephant ivory cabochons I had.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote