New
Find
Notify
Tools

Set of 6 Nearing Completion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Over the course of time, I've bought actions, barreled actions, stock blanks, and other various components here on AR.I would send these down to Bijou Creek Customs to add to a 300 H&H that they had already competed for me. The rifles are now coming to completion. Here are the 338, 300 H&H, and 7mm Mauser. The rest are being completed and checkered. The set will be:
505 Gibbs
458 Win Mag
404 Jeffery
338 Win Mag
300 H&H
7mm Mauser

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Very NICE

Love the wood on the 300H&H

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness that is REALLY nice! tu2

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best blanks went on the 300 H&H, the 458 Win Mag, and the 404, as I recall. The 505 blank was obviously selected for strength.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff Jon...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Still some odds and ends to complete, but we're getting there.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice . . . but no sights on some of the big bores?

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have NECG Masterpiece sights coming, to match the 300 H^H.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. They are great Biebs!

My favourite so far is the 300H&H.

DRSS

Posts: 1906 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that was the first one....got me thinking about other calibers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you going to put the NECG H&H style flip front big Ivory Bead/fine brass bead combo on any of them?

Nothing wrong with that set, other than it is not mine.

Rich

But, I am working on it.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty damn nice Jon!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking set!

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Beautiful set Jon. Enjoy them all!

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well i'm proud of you - not a blaser in the bunch patriot

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs

Great set up of beautiful rifles. Congratulations

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, a long time in the making. I think from now on I'll just find stuff already done that I like.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!! I can't wait till they go on sale! jumping

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
{I can't wait till they go on sale!}

I hear that.
I got dibs on the 7X57.
Big Grin

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh ye of little faith. (aka TURDS!)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To quote Wayne at AHR - I don't even know if he took delivery - he probably sold it before it got to him.

I expect them to be on sale any day. Glad I am lefthanded.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad I am lefthanded.

That is the LEAST of your problems :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful!

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you please list the particular actions and barrels (top to bottom) that you used on these rifles.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're mostly VZ-24 actions. The 458 will be on an original pre-64 Model 70 Supergrade action, and the 505 on an MRC 1999 PH.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Skipped right over the 375h&h.... Ballsy

;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm picky about my bolt handles. I notice all three of these are different. Was that the plan?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, they were supposed to all be straight-down Oberndorf-style, and NECG Masterpiece sights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,

Those are incredible. Beautiful. Nice choice of calibres too; I think you have it covered.

Keep me in mind if you need to sell off any of your cast offs in case you need a .416 Rigby or a .22-250 to add to the group. :-)

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Bobby, a long time in the making. I think from now on I'll just find stuff already done that I like.

Yes Jon that would most likely save you some cashola. Nice customs are not cheap. Fun to put a set together though.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote