Tools

M96 Bottom Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted
Is there a maker of custom M96 bottom metal out there? Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any intermediate-length bottom metal will work, also any standard-length bottom metal can easily have the front tab shortened & welded to the proper length, I've done several that way.

Many aftermarket makers occasionally make a run of the intermediate-length item, IIWY I'd contact Duane to ask him.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Thanks JD, I haven't messed with one prior so I figure I better ask. I will keep an eye open for the intermediate ones. Adam

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
So, the Mexican is an intermediate length correct? Adam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Wisner built M96 has his own bottom metal. Not sure if he is still making them but I would give him a shout as it is fine.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ab_bentley:
So, the Mexican is an intermediate length correct? Adam
Yep.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sunny Hill Enterprises and Duane Wiebe made beautiful intermediate length TG a few yrs ago. Not listed on their web sites but would be worth an inquiry.
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guard screw spacing is the same on the Mex and 96, box is just a tad differnt. We make units for the Mex, whilch can be pretty easily modified

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Duane, I will be in contact in the next few weeks. Adam