New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manners Rifle stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the Manners rifle stocks? I have a customer who is looking at a Bell and Carlson or a Manners stock in a tactical configuration. I know B & C, but i have no experience with Manners so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Curtis

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom makes an excellent stock. They are light, very stiff and well inlet. I highly recommend them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered an MCS-T last week. Only problem is an 8-9 week wait. The stocks have an excellent reputation among the tactical shooters (of which I am not one).
Dabney

One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I just finished a .338 edge using a Manners stock (today). I have used A.I., B&C, Boyds',Weing, Richards, Mc Millian, and H-S Presision. The Manners has performed as expected, it's light and strong. This gun was built without a strict budget, so we could have used any stock. The first group fired (100yds) after break-in was a 5 shot group that measured .385". Friday I take-off for Alaska to deliver the gun. The gun has a Kreiger fluted, 30" barrell and only weighs 11.2 lbs. With the defensive edge brake, you are able to see bullet impact beyond 500 yards. Recoil is very managable, less, I believe, than a 30-06. I will use Manners stocks again......Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input fellas.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guncurtis2:
Thanks for your input fellas.
best composite stock available IMHO

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I have never bought one but Manners absolutely had the best customer service over the phone I have ever experienced. I am not a rich man and have to choose wisely for a Savage "tacticool" build I am doing. He answered all my questions and even BS'ed w/ me for a few minutes.He didn't sound like was ruining his day unlike other places I called. When I order my stock soon Manners gets the nod.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

I ve got a msc-t. A Bit Front Heavy and with normal use I Managed to make a hole into IT. Only a mm in Size but still ...

Cheers Michael

Posts: 49 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote