THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    PO ACkely Proprietary " Mauser" Clone Action Owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PO ACkely Proprietary " Mauser" Clone Action Owners
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellow owners of PO Ackley proprietary RH and LH bolt action rifles- I am looking for photos of every PO Ackley Japan made bolt action I can find.

Note I am not looking for Ackley rifles made on 1898 military or commercial actions.

Specifically, I am looking for side rail markings (PO ACKLEY SALT LAKE CITY UTAH), underside of action behind recoil lug ( "made in japan") Makers marks ( on bolt, cocking piece, extractor and next to the "made in japan" marks ( looks like a stylized B or M).

Also interested in inner collar of receiver pictures showing the extractor cut ("C" cut) on RH actions, and or LH actions (mine has an "H" cut; both sides of the collar are cut as for an extractor, revealing the face of the barrel on both sides). ( Commercial and military 98 Mausers have the "C" Cut only.)

Finally, I am interested in learning about the serial number range as I have not seen any specific data on this subject. According to sources, there were approximately 150 of these actions made by Miroku of Japan in the late 1950s, of which approximately 50 were made in LH configuration. Of course, I am not interested in complete numbers, only major digits ( mine is 68XX and is a LH action).

Please send photos to acempao4 at gmail dot com if you please!

Thanks again for your help in advance.

Andrew Cempa
Major, USA Retired

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Look in de Haas's book on bolt action rifles.

Posts: 17136 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir;

I have the information from de Haas book, however question concerning the extractor cuts in LH actions has become of interest. Hence, my inquiry regarding collar cuts on such actions, right or left.

Also, I do not know of any information regarding serial number ranges or how/if LH actions were numbered compared to RH actions.

Since we all agree that Ackley imported approx. 100 RH and 52ish LH, it seems worth the trouble to get some more detail than what is in print.

I know Fred Zeglin of Z Hat Custom was writing/wrote a biography on Ackley, but I have not had any return emails from him of late. He may have additional information regarding these actions.

Regards

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote