New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Member of CGRS Team
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to introduce Tyler Bellande, came aboard this month, skilled all around gunsmsith, former Army Ranger, Colorado School of Trades graduate. Solid background in CNC operation and programming. Looking forward to beilng able to provide services that have, kind of, gone by the wayside these past few years...and catch up on bottom metal orders.

He will be a busy man!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,
He looks younger than you you should have had him take his hat offSmiler
I know he will do a good job for you as soon as he gets off that cloud he is walking on. Good luck to you both.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure to meet Tyler in Dallas.
And my congrats to him!

One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
A very lucky young man,good for both of you.

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Im very glad to see another CST student join the custom gunmaking field.

I know MichaelJ has been very dedicated to introducing students to this type of work at school, in his off-campus classes, and by putting together the first ACGG visit for students. If there is one person largely responsible for the direction I went, and many other students to come in the continuation of fine/custom gunmaking it is Mike.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1022 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron
Thank you for the kind words but it is students like yourself and Tyler and others that make my being an instructor fulfilling.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Duane and Tyler. Good to see up and coming gunsmiths getting to work with and learn from the master gunsmiths.

Mike

Posts: 21248 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope he doesn't like Maple Syrup

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Tyler!

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Duane, thank you for hiring a veteran.

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane- Is that your shop? I see some open bench top area. Smiler

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr:
Hope he doesn't like Maple Syrup

Errr...well...he says he loves maple syrup

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Duane- Is that your shop? I see some open bench top area. Smiler

He just hasn't had time to scatter things around yet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very lucky man! I envy him. Glad to see a CST grad coming up in the ranks too.

Aaron, it is Mike's fault for getting a lot of us into this trade. I am sure happy for it.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell him to watch those chin whiskers around spinning machinery--

shocker

all the best to him.

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking forward to beilng able to provide services that have, kind of, gone by the wayside these past few years

What are the new services that are going to be offered?

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
Looking forward to beilng able to provide services that have, kind of, gone by the wayside these past few years...

Hopefully, that means he'll be building custom rifles again.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt about it..my plate is pretty full and I've felt kind of badly not beilng able to accept some of the "Parts work"..rebarreling, scoope mounts, bolt handles, feeding and functioning, restoring, high grade repairs filling bottom mertal orders,,,well you get the idea.

In the short time he's been aboard,, we have enough work lined up to keep him busy for several months. I have a lot of faith in his demonstrated abilities,,,else he wouldn't be here.

He puts in long hours, solves problems, comes to work on time, speaks English...even takes out the trash

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that he's working out well.

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
No doubt about it..my plate is pretty full and I've felt kind of badly not beilng able to accept some of the "Parts work"..rebarreling, scoope mounts, bolt handles, feeding and functioning, restoring, high grade repairs filling bottom mertal orders,,,well you get the idea.

In the short time he's been aboard,, we have enough work lined up to keep him busy for several months. I have a lot of faith in his demonstrated abilities,,,else he wouldn't be here.

He puts in long hours, solves problems, comes to work on time, speaks English...even takes out the trash
Good luck with the new guy Duane. Seems like a sensible guy and very appreciative of his opportunity. So, now...do we all get the "entry level labor" discount this year? Just kidding. I'm anxious to see some of his work.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5121 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote