New
Find
Notify
Tools

just finished the metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One I just wrapped up, 1953 FN action, Krieger barrel, Prechtl sling stud, inspired by H&H rifles from the 1920's

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
looks great

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an absolutely beautiful polishing and metal job!! Looking forward to seeing it all done up and in its new stock.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. tu2

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. Very well executed.
Love the front sight, well done.

Are you going to stipple the pointed area in front of the rear sight ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rear portion of the front sight in addition to fore and aft of the rear sight will be stippled.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent. It (the stippling) makes a great difference to the reflection and is needed IMHO.

I reckon H&H's stippling is the nicest around,
they just have this knack of getting it looking good.

One question (NOT a criticism) - the ramp on the front sight, any reason you did it this way and not like the Qtr rib / in front of the rear sight with the nice pointed shape ?

Anyway, should look great when finished.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's just sharp! I love the tang, and the rib is just great. Looking forward to seeing that one in some wood! Keep us posted.

Posts: 117 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Inspired?" Damn right, I sez. Beautiful work. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The front sight on my .30 super flanged was what I was going for, built in 1926 and the only H&H single known in that caliber. Here is the sight.

The island sight on my super is pointed on both ends, hence the point on the quarter rib.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
skb

Thanks.

H&H always did change things over time.

I'll have a look at my pics of my guns.

Well done anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent work! I love the trim lines, and the quarter rib is outstanding.

I probably missed it, but what is the chambering?

Why just the top tang extended? Not a criticism at all, I love the rifle, just don't recall seeing that before.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's a .375 H&H. I can not really say why I only extended the top tang.....just the way I envisioned it. Thanks for all the kind comments.
Steve