THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Custom Case Hardened Mauser Nearly done
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Case Hardened Mauser Nearly done
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Due to college, 3 kids and and full time job its taken me nearly a year to get to this point. Everything is ready for final assembly except rust bluing the barreled action. Did everything myself save the case hardening work which was through Old South Restoration.
No formal training, just lots of trial and error over the years and a love of guns.
1909 action, Shilen 30-06 tube, express style rear irons, case hardened scope rings, grip cap, bolt shroud, and straddle floorplate hinged trigger guard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nice; I like CCH. Should have gone with 9.3mm though.
I assume you will do the bluing yourself?

Posts: 17126 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Nice; I like CCH. Should have gone with 9.3mm though.
I assume you will do the bluing yourself?

Oddly enough after 35 years and dozens of hunting rifles this is my first 30-06. I purposely avoided the caliber since everyone else had it. Built a couple 6.5x55, 7x57 and 8x57 that I love dearly and still own.
Rust bluing will be done by yours truly when time allows.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I really love the CCH!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I don't care what anyone else thinks ...I like a jeweled bolt! Smiler Looks good.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote