THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Who will dupe an octagon barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who will dupe an octagon barrel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have my eye on a custom Mauser.

Unfortunately it is chambered for a cartridge of which I currently have three.

Need to duplicate the barrel exactly.

Thoughts?

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you get me a picture? I may be able to do it but you will have to do the polishing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lothar Walther’s custom shop might be of some help.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3290 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rebore/Rechamber??

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LOthar Walthar will do that.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41926 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would consider a rebore, the ones Ive had done all shot fantastic groups..I use High Plains reboreing and rifleing. Norman Johnson. He is hard to contact so leave him a message and wait, he is a very busy no nonsince man.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41926 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have my eye on a custom Mauser.

Buy it and use it as it is! So many cartridges just overlap the others anyway.

Or of course just sell another that you have.

After owning rifles for 60 years I bought a fabulous custom rifle with a 22" octagon barrel.

It's a 30-06! Of course I already had 06's however this one is special.

The rifle matters far more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When CP Donnelly was alive I talked with him regarding octagon barrels. It was an interesting discussion about what needed to be done since the removal of steel from one side causes the barrel to bend, which complicates the removal of steel from the other side. Before I selected someone to do the work, I would want to have a chat with him about the process.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lothar Walther would be my "go to" service. Not all barrels will take up the bend Ray speaks of. I've done dozens of Douglas barrels without incident.many Kreigers,.likewise

Posts: 3485 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote