THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Pictures of my Vektor lott(Ralf Martini-gunmaker)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures of my Vektor lott(Ralf Martini-gunmaker)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
A BIG thank you to all and wishing you a handsome custom rifle if you dont not have one or many more if you do! beer

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:

Any reason why not taking off the rear square bridge as you have had done to the receiver?
That would really have completed that nice rounded lines of Mauser action in my eyes but then we do all see things differently.

Ralf Martini tends to build M98 rifles based around the orig. Oberndorf style.

Oberndorf made a few variations of M98 magnum actions prior to WW2,

Shootaways rifle as it is featured now,
resembles one of the much more rare factory variations of Oberndorf magnum actions.
ie; single[rear]square bridge, solid left wall and full dia./unstepped front ring.
....from about the very early 1930s.

For an un-scoped rifle I like the single rear SB feature,very much.

..and nice to see another finely crafted M98 hunting rifle that has not been bastardised with M70 features.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I must laugh, as I have a casting of your floor plate sitting here by my computer. Marty Rabeno engraved my .375 H&H Sako for me years ago, hence the source.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Turned out very nice. Congratulations. Mind messaging me what the engraving job cost and what was included?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pm sent

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when I hit the lottery I intend to have about a dozen that nice built...

And purchase Butch's output for about six weeks.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote