New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno#1 RF Custom Pictures added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I kinda like Roger Vardy's Brno#1. He does more than sell wood.

I don't know what bottom metal that he uses. Maybe he will see this and let me know.
Roger said Blackburn made a few for his projects.

I added a pic of the LH side of the rifle.

Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is about as classic and elegant as any .22 I have ever seen.

Posts: 683 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow! What an outstanding little rifle.

Posts: 17 | Location: Marion & Georgetown, South Carolina | Registered: 06 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle! If I ever do another custom rifle it'll probably be a rimfire.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work, the bottom metal beats the hell out of the factory sheet metal.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I added extra pictures for those of whom PMed.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he needs to learn how to take better photos!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expected a comment like that from you and you didn't disappoint.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle, thank you for sharing.

I have a Brno #1 action that is missing bottom metal. If you know of a source I would appreciate the information.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard,
I mentioned above. Roger was able to get Ted Blackburn to make him a few. I don't know if the new owners of Blackburn has parts or the drawings. I don't think Roger will sell any of his. The little lever in the trigger bow releases the magazine.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Butch---I want to build one of those. Please send me the info if he is taking any orders! Stunning to say the least!!!! tu2

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
I expected a comment like that from you and you didn't disappoint.
Butch

Butch: Thank you for the compliment.

My niece works for a medium sized advertizing agency developing marketing campaigns. She tells me of the lengths she and her colleagues go to in order to make products appealable to the public.

It just seems to me that a person who markets wood and also markets custom work would want to present that work in the best light possible. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Go to Roger Vardy's website. All of his contact info is there. I'm not sure, but I believe he only builds for himself.
You know Kevin, I have a friend, Mustafa Bilal, that has a little company http://turkshead.com/index.html
Mustafa knows how to take pictures also. What does any of that have to do with Roger's photos?
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, a little advice: One thing my daddy taught me, "never get in an argument with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level". Steer clear.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dave,
Go to Roger Vardy's website. All of his contact info is there. I'm not sure, but I believe he only builds for himself.
You know Kevin, I have a friend, Mustafa Bilal, that has a little company http://turkshead.com/index.html

Thanks Butch!! Will be going there right after I hit enter!
Mustafa knows how to take pictures also. What does any of that have to do with Roger's photos?
Butch

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Butch, a little advice: One thing my daddy taught me, "never get in an argument with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level". Steer clear.

Jim:

Thank you for bringing back fond memories. My Daddy taught me the same thing, and thats why I don't argue with you anymore!

He also taught me that people's behavior reflects on the organizations they belong to.
I feel sorry for the ACCG. They try very hard to uphold an image as professional people, and then they get a member like you who goes on internet sites and infers that people are idiots. I don't think I see even one other member of the ACCG that does that. Not one!!! No skin off of my ass, but what a poor reflection on the ACGG. shame And then they wonder why people don't buy all of their tickets. shame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kobe got your goat and you cry about it.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I got your goat and you cried about it with
"I expected a comment like that from you and you didn't disappoint". and I also got Kobe's goat and he cried about it to you.

And then I pointed out a couple of facts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kevin,
You are too much.
Have a wonderful day.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Thank you. You have a wonderful day as well.

Kevin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch

What a great rifle!!!!!!!

I love the color of the stock.

Hal

Posts: 160 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there is a way to set my computer to automatically delete any post from 22WRF someone please let me know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard,
I mentioned above. Roger was able to get Ted Blackburn to make him a few. I don't know if the new owners of Blackburn has parts or the drawings. I don't think Roger will sell any of his. The little lever in the trigger bow releases the magazine.
Butch

Hi Butch, guess I misunderstood. I understood you to say that you thought Blackburn might have made the bottom metal.

If you are anyone knows where one is for sale I would appreciate the lead. Thanks.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katiesguns:
If there is a way to set my computer to automatically delete any post from 22WRF someone please let me know.

hit go, then personal zone, and then ignore list. Once there type in 22wrf and you will be all set to go.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Howard.

Duane Wiebe is supposed to be making up bottom metal for the BRNO #1. Send him an e-mail and let him know you are interested.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle.

Many decades ago Stoeger's imported a little Steyr .22 called the Custom Small Bore Carbine. It was a dandy little mannlicher style rifle with an action that looked a lot like the Brno. I've lusted for one of those rifles for 50 years. I have a feeling a Brno is going to be the nucleus for one of my own.

By the way what happened to the full length picture?
Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes..true..we are doing the programming for the Brno. So...maybe a little feedback if it's OK.

The levers and connectors to release the clip become a project unto itself.

I thought that a nicely contoured and machined unit would be in keeping with a form/function upgrade. i.e. leave the release as is.

I did a number of Kimbers years ago and used the Oberndorf release to drop the clip, but the Kimber clip release was in the rear lots easier!

Well..your ideas are appreciated

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would think that something that covered the entire clip would be nice. Drop the floorplate and remove the clip.

Posts: 2657 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
I would think that something that covered the entire clip would be nice. Drop the floorplate and remove the clip.

That is better in theory than it works in real life.

Dropping the footplate for each clip full of ammo and having it flopping around underneath the gun to load a clip is a royal pain in the ass.

It's simply not workable given the amount of reloads done by most rimfire shooters. I had a few Dakota m22 sporters with that feature and it was just about worthless for reloads in the field..

A classic example of aesthetics over function to the point of sheer folly. Wink

The best bet for a rimfire is that illustrated above. A nicely milled floorplate on the magazine which blends into the bottom metal and stock when the clip is fully inserted into the rifle

The best of all possible worlds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...been done, lots of fooling around to reload.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
Hmmmm...been done, lots of fooling around to reload.

Yep..

It sure did not help the sales of those Dakota m22 rifles any.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, but they sure do look nice. I think I could deal with it if I had to. Big Grin

Jack Belk did a bang up job of this one.

http://www.hallowellco.com/ame...m_gunmakers%2022.htm

Posts: 2657 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have the magazine (it's not a clip, it's a magazine) easily removable for loading. It would be nice to have it better integrated with the bottom of the rifle though.

Sorry. Pedantic moment.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
Other than the ugly quarter rib, it is a nice rifle.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm referring strictly to the bottom metal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, The bottom metal looks great. It is suitable for a non used rifle. Normally when you get your rimfire out, you shoot it a lot. I wouldn't want to have to deal with the pictured floorplate regardless of how nice it looks.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Then make the front pin some type of quick release affair if it's that painful. Or better yet engineer a 10 shot rotary magazine ala the Ruger. One of the many reasons why the only right hand rifle I use is a 77/22.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Thanks for posting the picture...very nice looking rifle.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Then make the front pin some type of quick release affair if it's that painful. Or better yet engineer a 10 shot rotary magazine ala the Ruger. One of the many reasons why the only right hand rifle I use is a 77/22.

Anything's possible! The MAGAZINE does hang down a bit and unless shortend can lead to a pretty deep profile if you try to cover things up...with say...a floorplate.

Converting to a 10/22 nagazine? Might as well stick to the Ruger!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I could live with a customized Ruger 77/22. Cool