Find
Notify
Tools

Need Pre-64 M70 Magnum Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted
Need a action for a 300/375 H&H. Let me know what you have.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Kobe. He usually has one or more laying around.

Posts: 727 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might pull this up, echolsrifles.blogspot.com and read the last 3 post I made in regard to this subject.

Might add another way to arrive at what you want

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Or just use a post 64 one; all are made for H&H length.

Posts: 17136 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to fine one for Bruce Farman. He has a client who wants to build a 375 for a African hunt next year.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
https://pre64win.com/collectio...mplete-pre-64-action

If that doesn't pan out I know of a really nice Al Biesen in 375 H&H on a Pre-64 magnum action in primo as built condition.

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, a friend has a very rare Roberts & Richardson Magnum action in the white, if the client wants to up the anti on his new build.

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
Here you, rear tang already reshaped.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902994945

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I question this Quote: The polishing appears to have been done by hand as all the surfaces are straight and the edges are crisp.
Sorry to disagree Prewar70. I know you have good intentions. The action sides and top on that one need to be re-shaped on a proper jig. Still worth $500.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5122 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
Nothing to disagree with, just passing along an action he might be interested in. Not my auction

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
I called Bruce and it is exactly what he wants. Thanks Prewar70 for the heads-up. Bruce is going to bid on it.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prewar70 for the post. I mentioned the waves in the metal with good intentions as well. Still appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by Prewar70:
Nothing to disagree with, just passing along an action he might be interested in. Not my auction

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5122 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Bruce found one on Guns Intl.