22 tack driver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Model 52B, Canjar Trigger, 28" PO Ackley barrel, Richards Stock, Unertl 10x

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love Unertl scopes. They just seem so right on a rifle like this.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Unertls and Redfield 3200s.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was at a local range playing around with my H&R model 12 which is a 22rf target rifle made for uncle sam and had mounted a redfield 3200 24x to shoot. I'm 70 and some way younger shooters were saying "look at the funny scope" When I got the groups centered I told them wanna try it?. Never saw two younger shooters have so much fun. Score one for the old guy. Frank

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
most shooters have never had the pleasure of firing really accurate rifles. On the years we have Easter Egg shoots everyone lines up to shoot my .22 Rem 40X at the 100 yard range.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Phil- you are very much correct! Smallbore target rifles are a bit of a rarity to most.

In my teens, I used a 40X; my brother had a 52D. We shot indoors and out.

Brother won Indiana state outdoor back in the 80's... he had that same scope on top!

I knew something good was gonna happen when he killed a fly at 100yd on his sighter target!

Ray- that's a beauty!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug, so far my Anschutz 1422 has only hit a fly at 50 yards. I might need more scope to do the same at 100 yards.

Ray, I love those old 52 target rifles. Wonderful quality. You have a very nice rifle there.

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 3-Mod. 37 Remingtons, a 1922M2 Springfield and will have my 40X custom up and running soon.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote