Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmayr Old English recoil pad
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

Im going to be having a Ruger No1 restocked and have been thinking about recoil pads. I like the looks of the old Silvers but calibre is going to be 450/400 and I know I wont like the lack of recoil absorption.

Just wondering what the Pachmayr Old English pads are like. Do they finish nicely to compliment good walnut and how are they at recoil absorption?

Pics welcome, thanks!

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wondering what the Pachmayr Old English pads are like. Do they finish nicely to compliment good walnut and how are they at recoil absorption?

I do not know any better. I have one in my 9,3x64 Husqvarna and pad (of course with 4,5 kg weight) makes the rifle quite nice to shoot.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Try one of the Red/Orange Pachmayr Decelerators in the Old English Face and Contour. Looks like a Vintage pad but has the advantage of modern Mat'ls

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the red one on my 470, works fine and a noticable decrease in recoil over the kick-eze that was on there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feeback guys, reckon I'll go with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd reckon I'vee built as many heavies as the next guy. I've found the Kick Eze too wishy washy...the appearance of eilther the Kilck Eze or Pachmyar leave something to be desired.

Silvers looks best..but yes, it's a little on the stiff side. Have you tried the newer model of the Silvers type from Galazan?

I think they really hit the happy medium along with great looks (top nib)

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Duane,

Thanks for the info, no I havn't seen the Galazan pad but I'll check it out now thanks. Might be just the thing Im looking for.