New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doing a little research.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to communicate with anyone who knows anything about the following custom gunmakers. I have some information on all of them but looking for more.

Just casting my net out there to see what I can find. Mjpetrov @ acsalaska.net (remove the spaces)

John Hutton, he worked for G&H then worked at the National Target and supply then Parker Whelen company in DC.

B.J. Toothman, may have worked for Hoffman Arms company in Ardmore. He was located in the Ardmore area and there are a few rifles with his name on them.

John Wright, Kansas City, was in business with Clyde Baker after he left Hoffmans then his own business as John Wright and Sons.

Paul Wolf (Wolff) Los Angeles, CA. made custom stocks using the military stock, was just a couple blocks from Wundhammer before WWI and after.

Jules R. La Bantchni In 1932 he opened “Olympic Custom Made Guns” 1708 17th Street Santa Monica, CA. later his business moved to 2202 Pico Blvd in Santa Monica, CA as “Jules’s Guns”.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael.

What would you like to know about Jules? I knew him quite well and have owned several of his rifles. For a few years, I owned his shop equipment, or much of it. Send me a PM and I'll provide whatever I can.

Tt

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, PM sent.