THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Bijou Creek .500 Jeffery 16" /7pd scoped "Grizzinator"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bijou Creek .500 Jeffery 16" /7pd scoped "Grizzinator"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the Shootaway mod on that front scope mount? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A7drvr:
Is that the Shootaway mod on that front scope mount? Big Grin

That Leupolds QR Rings and the lil lever broke Eeker,so for safety,I did a "Africa Fix"...You know,I was on a "Shoe string budget",hence the shoestring! rotflmo

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The muzzle blast must be be heard all the way from Siberia....

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love this caliber btw...

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eurocentric:
The muzzle blast must be be heard all the way from Siberia....

Huhh???? .......Huhhh? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Hijacking the thread, I sent a .300 RUM Model 70 to Mike at Bijou last week.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG, a half box of shells through that 7 lb 600 OK beast above, and Sandy would be pushing you around in a gurney, drooling on yourself!!! 300 RUM is more like it!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Jon:

In two short weeks and even without the tiny Bijou howitzer roiling our brains, at our age, we'll still be two ol' farts drooling into a glass of good South African Cabernet while enjoying an eland filet. And you get to push my chair to my suite at the Bulawayo Club... but, you sure as hell don't look as good as Sandy!

As to my plans with the gun I sent to Bijou, Mike and I are still discussing it, but it will be a .416 Rigby or a .404 Jeffery with a drop box.

I drool enough already and don't need help from a .600 scrambling my limited gray matter. Neither do you! Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Hey Judge,need a trusty gun bearer?!..I got a BIG knife too! Big Grin You know "It's a jungle out there"! animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I vote on a 404J...bullet weight, adequate power, and low recoil. Plus, I have a ton of ammo for ya'll.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That ultra lightweight 500 Jeffery is a great shooter and quite accurate. Love the gray color and matching coated scope.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote