New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW rifle build
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
on a custom single shot stalking rifle would it matter if you don't have a cheek piece added. I am trying for the late 1900 English stalking rifle look and a great many of the older guns show no cheek pieces. Thanks RNB

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most certainly could still be appropriate without cheekpiece especially if this is going to be a open sighted rifle. I favor the look also.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this just one of the best looking actions that you have ever seen, it has both extended upper and lower tangs, the fences are almost done but show outstanding promise, the best thing yet it has been made from scratch and breaks open with a side lever and the line are out of this world and the weight is around 5.5 pounds at this point would post the photos that Bailey has sent but I can not transfer them from the private section to the open forum

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested in a photo of this new rifle it is found at Bailey Bradshaw's web site in his photo-bucket list

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The principal reason for adding a cheekpiece is to discourage them left handed folk from fondling your fine rifle. You gotta have standards you know.

Posts: 50 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 15 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ramsgate:
The principal reason for adding a cheekpiece is to discourage them left handed folk from fondling your fine rifle. You gotta have standards you know.

dancing dancing

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2686 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, I keep forgetting the them wrong handed people still lurk around a fine rifle and by my failure to put a proper right hand cheek piece in place they will want to fondle my fine rifle and probably drool on it. my mistake. jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those that want to see Bailey's new single shot side opening take down rifle you can find it on his web site under engraving gallery in his photo buckets photos. RNB dancing

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Here you go RNB.

This rifle is very well balanced and points much like a shotgun in my hands(which I really like in a rifle). Its a pretty lightweight gun which will make it nice to carry around, but it fits and feels so good that it can be steadily shot off-hand. I have no doubts we will be able to ring the steel target at 220yds with no sights like our other rifles.

Here is a pic from his account:

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1022 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photo RNB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told by Bailey today the gun with both sets of barrels will be completed early next week, I will post photos when it arrives PS the inprogress work photo have been way cool. RNB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Little:
Here you go RNB.

This rifle is very well balanced and points much like a shotgun in my hands(which I really like in a rifle). Its a pretty lightweight gun which will make it nice to carry around, but it fits and feels so good that it can be steadily shot off-hand. I have no doubts we will be able to ring the steel target at 220yds with no sights like our other rifles.

Here is a pic from his account:

Here is mine very old probably Belgium 1920-1930 break-open sidelever sigle shotgun (36 cal.)
My grandfather used it for shooting small birds and wild rabits...

And I also have a double barreled shotgun in that version:-)
CZ

Posts: 208 | Location: Prague, Czech Republic | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote