New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed CRF Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One day I will have built a rifle similar to the Queens Rifle by Rigby. I want a proper Mauser Type Action. Golmatic make a proper 98 Mauser action as do others. But they all have got then fundamentally wrong. The are back to front with the handle on the wrong side. Does anybody make a proper and true Mauser action that is left handed and doesn't break the bank?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Although I completely disagree Wink with your comment:"But they all have got then fundamentally wrong." you can find help here:

http://www.fzh-gmbh.de/root/im...ol/waffen/fzh-ws.pdf

They state on the webside (my translation)
We manufacture 98er actions for
• all standard caliber
• short-, standard- and magnumaction
• true left hand actions
all action components could be purchased seperatly.

Robert

Posts: 83 | Location: Germany, NRW | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Left-handers are also made in the USA:

http://www.granitemountainarms.com/m98.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zastava (Serbia) makes left handed Mausers. Quite a few of us lefties on AR just completed a huge group buy and rifles were delivered about 2 months ago.
Just go to the left hand forum and do some reading.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Satterlee makes one./can make one...but who knows if you will get in in your life time

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I spoke with one of the Dumoulin daughters yesterday and they have a few left-handed actions, including magnum size for 416 Rigby or 505 Gibbs, if you want to have a rifle made in Belgium.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote