New
Find
Notify
Tools

A custom rifle from Denmark
 Login/Join

Picture of Jensen Rifle Company Ltd.
posted
Here's a one-off 9.3x62mm big game hunting rifle that we've build. As this is our first post, I'll start off with a short introduction. We're a small manufacturer based in Denmark. Our mission is to build rifles with unparalleled precision, complete in a beautiful and high quality package. To obtain the wanted precision we've insisted on using the good old fashioned way of cutting the rifling, and so we have a 117 year old Pratt & Whitney rifling bench as the heart of our production. Everything is hand made.
For more pictures feel free to take a look at https://www.facebook.com/JensenRifleCompany
I hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 19 November 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And its left handed!!! Stunning.

Posts: 48 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 08 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
beautiful rifle!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen a few their rifles. The Jenses pay attention to minor details and their finish always best London finish. No less!.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle....that wood is nuts

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is beautiful.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnificent, Im sure your order books will fill up rapidly!

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
That's really pretty, but I have to look at it in a mirror or it looks weird. Wink

Very nice.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drooling lefty here! Not to pick nits, but are the initials on the grip cap upside down?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's gorgeous and the bolt handle is on the correct side. What action is that you are using?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
to follow up on Brice's comment:

Another problem is... they aren't mine!

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frist off its a very nice looking rifle.

Thats said.

quote:
To obtain the wanted precision we've insisted on using the good old fashioned way of cutting the rifling, and so we have a 117 year old Pratt & Whitney rifling bench as the heart of our production

117 year old machine tools are not on par with the better tools of today.

Its nice nostalgia but there are better machines today.

117 years ago finding a rifle that would shoot any where close to a inch was rare. Now we have cheaper price rifles that come from mass produce lines that do it that and better (IE savage). The last three I brought would all do under 3/4 inch with out load development one under .5

Again its a very nice looking rifle what size groups does she shoot.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Danish design is alway functional and beautiful.

Bang & Olufsen electronics
George Jensen jewelry and flatware
Skagen watches

The wife made me buy a Morsø soapstone wood stove.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

Thats said.

quote:
To obtain the wanted precision we've insisted on using the good old fashioned way of cutting the rifling, and so we have a 117 year old Pratt & Whitney rifling bench as the heart of our production

117 years ago finding a rifle that would shoot any where close to a inch was rare. Now we have cheaper price rifles that come from mass produce lines that do it that and better (IE savage). The last three I brought would all do under 3/4 inch with out load development one under .5

Due to the process of cutting the rifling being more time consuming and therefore more expensive, they stopped using the technology in the beginning of the 20th century, hence the 117 year old machine. In theory cutting is much less stressfull to the metal compared to button rifling, cold hammering and broaching, and that's why we've insisted on doing it the good old fashioned way.

This particular rifle will do 0.5" groups.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
That's gorgeous and the bolt handle is on the correct side. What action is that you are using?

For most of our high end rifles we use Mauser 98 actions. This one being a left-handed one, we had to use a brand new custom made version made by Granite Mountain Arms. For the right-hand rifles we use old UN actions build by Husqvarna that are initially normalized and then completely overhauled, blue printed and accurized, then ground and polished to a high gloss finish, case hardened and blackened (blued).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Stig
The Pratt & Whitney wasn't it mfg somewhere between 1905 and 1920.
Why do you believe that broaching introduces more stress than singlepointcutting.

Btw werry nice rifle Wink

Have you stopped using Montanaactions???

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jørgen:
Hi Stig
The Pratt & Whitney wasn't it mfg somewhere between 1905 and 1920.
Why do you believe that broaching introduces more stress than singlepointcutting.

Btw werry nice rifle Wink

Have you stopped using Montanaactions???

Hej Jørgen. Det er ikke Stig, men en af sønnerne som står bag. Årstallet har jeg fra Border Barrels som også har en Sine Bar P&W maskine fra det gamle Schultz & Larsen. Da jeg blot er marketing ansvarlig må jeg være dig svar skyldig ift. metoderne imellem. Jeg kan dog svare på at vi stadig benytter Montana låse i vores entry-level M99. Resten er Mauser M98. God dag

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
And for the rest of us who do not speak Danish-what does that say? Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Hi George. It is not Stig, but one of his sons behind. The year I have from Border Barrels which also has a Sine Bar P & W engine from the old Schultz & Larsen. When I just marketing manager I must owe you an answer in relation to methods from. However, I can answer that we still use Montana lock in our entry-level M99. The rest are Mauser M98. good day"

imperfect translation.....best I could do.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conifer:
"Hi George. It is not Stig, but one of his sons behind. The year I have from Border Barrels which also has a Sine Bar P & W engine from the old Schultz & Larsen. When I just marketing manager I must owe you an answer in relation to methods from. However, I can answer that we still use Montana lock in our entry-level M99. The rest are Mauser M98. good day"

imperfect translation.....best I could do.

You came quit close.The point of the context in the translation is 100% dead on and does not diviate from the danish text.
Jørgen = George Big Grin

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very good looking rifle.

posted Hide Post
Sorry about the danish. The translation is not bad though Smiler

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Stunningly beautiful & I've sent you a PM. tu2

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Very good workmanship

Thank you for sharing

I too is waiting for my commission very similar to your interpretation

May I be bold to ask

How does it shoot ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jensen Rifle Company Ltd.:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

Thats said.

quote:

Due to the process of cutting the rifling being more time consuming and therefore more expensive, they stopped using the technology in the beginning of the 20th century, hence the 117 year old machine. In theory cutting is much less stressfull to the metal compared to button rifling, cold hammering and broaching, and that's why we've insisted on doing it the good old fashioned way.

This particular rifle will do 0.5" groups.
Nicely done. Impressive groups as well. How big of a hole would a similar quality Right-handed M-98 action build put on my wallet? CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5121 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Beautiful. And I'm not even a huge fan of Mannlicher stocks or bolts on the left side though I could make use of one more than the other.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the opinion of another southpaw, simply a stunning piece of work. I want it!!!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nicely done. Impressive groups as well. How big of a hole would a similar quality Right-handed M-98 action build put on my wallet? CB

Thanks CB. It's difficult to give an exact price as it depends on a lot of factors, but estimate around $15.000 for our M98 builds. The one pictured however is a tailored one-off example with all the extras and therefore it's significantly more expensive. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions and then I could provide a more accurate quote as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is SO NICE!!!!!
Hey DOUBLESS (2 posts up)!!....I like this one even more than the 1 you traded me.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Simply stunning!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] Thanks CB. It's difficult to give an exact price as it depends on a lot of factors, but estimate around $15.000 for our M98 builds. The one pictured however is a tailored one-off example with all the extras and therefore it's significantly more expensive. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions and then I could provide a more accurate quote as well.[/QUOTE] I understand and you are certainly welcome. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5121 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote