THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Describe your dream custom to me....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Describe your dream custom to me....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you read this forum, you like nice custom guns.
Tell me your dream rifle - all of your favorite custom things you want on that rifle from action to checkering to sights to grip caps to butt plates to finish....

What caliber would you build for?

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
300 H&H on a Mauser action with weld on rear square bridge, sculpted Alaska Arms quick release rings, 25" slim profile barrel with integral front sight, sling swivel and rear sight base on quarter rib. English style stock of quarter sawn English, with straight grain in the forend curving down through the grip with some character in the butt.

It would need a pancake cheekpiece, ebony tip leather covered recoil pad, single screw grip cap, and flat top checkering in a point pattern.

Standard depth bottom metal, Blackburn steel trigger with the trigger modded to be to the rear of the guard. Satterlee 3 position safety, oval checkered pad on the bolt stop and a tasteful amount of rose and scroll engraving.

Let's finish it with a gold oval with my initials in it.

Greg

Posts: 426 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dog,
That is good.
I need more...

Feed my greed....

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Satterlee action 375 H&H ½ octagon to ½ round with full length rib. All features integral, ¼ rib, sling stud,and front sight base. Tasteful piece of Turkish walnut shaped into a slim stock. Single screw grip cap, flat top checkering and a small but of engraving in the English scroll style with just a touch of gold inlay.

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be the "dog" thread!

Posts: 426 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't dream about just one rifle. In fact, I have a cupboard full of rifles, not one of which could be described as a "fine custom" or a "best quality" (although not one of them is factory standard either), and I can't even imagine swopping the whole lot for just one rifle, no matter what it might be.

However, I would love a dinky little single-shot falling-block side-lever rifle in a fairly small caliber (say somewhere between .22 Hornet and 6x45mm). 22" barrel, 2-7 Leopold scope (or something with similar classic lines) on QD mounts over a flip-up ghost-ring peep with a simple blade foresight with a folding hood in highly figured wood. Splinter fore-end with buffalo horn caps (fore-end and pistol grip) and a skeleton but-plate.

And a larger but still svelte 9.3x74R single-shot underlever falling block with similar fittings, although probably plainer wood for strength and with a pad rather than a hard but.

And a .45-caliber double of entirely classic design except for the rear sight. There I want a ghost-ring on a ramp, and no allowance for a scope at all.

That should do for now, as long as I can keep what's in the cupboard already.

Posts: 468 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am dreaming of a mated smaller rifle to my Wiebe ZG47 in 375 H&H. The rifle would be in 30-06 on a BRNO 21/22 or ZG47 with a #1 contour 21” barrel. Banded front sight and banded sling stud. Island rear with BRNO style insert. Lightweight well-figured stock to my dimensions with flat top checkering and a red Pachmayr pad. Topped with Alaska Arms rings and a Leupold 2.5-8x36 scope. Finished about 6.5lbs bare rifle and 7.5lbs scoped.

Posts: 163 | Registered: 19 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have a pic somewhere of a dressel with a squared up LR mauser action in silver, blind box.

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I can see these rifles in my head. Keep it up guys.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
458 win mag on a mauser, 5+1, 23" stout barrel - no lightweight, wide single standing rear, banded bead front, flat barrel band, talley rings on welded bases, nice wood - nothing exhibition, engraved on the floorplate "He prayeth well who loveth well ⁠Both man and bird and beast"(Coleridge), 480 Woodleighs at 2150 and 450 TSX/FN Solids at 2250.

Or Frostbit's 450 NE Army and Navy...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My "dream" rifle has already been built, but I will never own it,

It would be the David Miller Co. rifle that was built as the SCI no. 1 Rifle for the Big 5 series of Rifles, and engraved by Lynton McKenzie. I saw it on display at Reno a number of years ago. The only thing I'd change would be the caliber - I wouldn't want it in .458 Win Mag. .338 Win Mag would be fine. And I'd want a scope on it.

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kolo, this one?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, that would be the one!

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exquisite!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross, something along these lines would do it for me :-)

https://www.westleyrichards.co...s/bolt-action-rifle/

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Dressel

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
300 HandH on a medium Hagn action. Still formulating the engraving.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Ross, something along these lines would do it for me :-)

https://www.westleyrichards.co...s/bolt-action-rifle/

Biebs,
That is the 23year old beauty queen with a brain we all dream of. Not to mention other assets.

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
Mine would probably have to be something similar to this one, only chambered in a 7x57. I've always had a soft spot for the 7mm Mauser...

Holland and Holland 243 Rifle

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
saw a picture of a Mauser Kurtz action in 250 Savage. That would be it

Posts: 14 | Location: NC | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although probably not a true custom rifle, mine would be a early 1900's (1915-1920) Rigby 416 on a double square bridge magnum Mauser action. Nothing different than what came from the factory. I remember reading and seeing pics of Ross Seyfried's 416 Rigby, and that was the moment I found my perfect dream rifle...now just have to figure out how to pay for my dreams......

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine would be a light, trim 7X57 built on a small ring Mauser, stocked Mannlicher style in Teyssier French walnut, by Don Klein and engraved in small English scroll by Dan Goodwin.

Even better, I had it built over 40 years ago and still cherish it as much today as I did when I first received it...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of dream rifles on Ralf Martinis website.Just pick a caliber and options!

DRSS Member

Posts: 901 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So many dream rifles, too little time! Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I went the other way.

My dream rifle was meant to be used.

For everything.

I designed a cartridge that meets my requirements.

To hunt everything with.

I picked the Dakota 76 action.

Been on lots of safaris.

Two identical rifles.

Used by many hunters.

Never failed! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Edward, this is Dave from Cody. Can we see this 7x57 Mannlicher by Don Klein? He was a fellow Wisconsinite, that is where I got the custom gun fever. I hope it never leaves!