Notify
Tools

Anybody know this rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted
A gun on Gunbroker.
I have no idea what the reserve may be, but it has interesting metal work.
The bridges seem uber tall but look to be built up reasonably well.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=548699407

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are some seriously bulky scope rings.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Not in the Biblical sense. Pretty rifle, FUGLY rings.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck of a well done rifle and the wood in a blank foem is worth the price its on now.

It sorta appears to be a double square bridge and the bridges have been modified??? As to the rings, what difference does that make, the bases can be dovetailed for talleys or the rings could be ground down to streamline...IMO, the rifle should go for a pretty high price based on the pictures. I would think in order to meet the price you would have to get to about $3000 or maybe more..It would help to know who the maker was and to have an on hands inspection of the inletting..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice hunting rifle, but I think Ray is very optimistic RE the price it will fetch.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What caliber is it?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
7.62 X 63 (30-06) Roll Eyes

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Those rings look like the old cheap PH rings we used to get for BRNO ZKKs back in the day - also had to excavate a dimple on one of the bridges to allow then to mount properly.

To cal them QD rings is maybe a tad overoptimistic.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote