New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini project
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a Martini on ARBAY . I remember JD Steele was quite knowledgeable a/b Martinis, but who now works on them ? I would like my 22lr turned into a 22 Win mag( new barrel if needed), stocked and tuned.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bore size is different between the LR and Win Mag.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jim kobe has been a huge help with some of mine -there is nothing to tough about martini's - they are amazingly simple, some of which makes them so fun. you really don't need to rebarrel even though the bullet is a couple tens bigger. even a hornet can be made to work fine with the regular 22 barrel - that used to be done quite frequently 50-60 years ago. a minimal amount of work with tune up the action,and the stock work is quite easy and the results with a fine piece of wood makes the gun a real eyecatcher

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one done by Curt Hardcastle, and Jimmie Sommerfield has worked on another with good results.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have a small rimfire action, be careful about conversion to 22 magnum. The 22 mag just can't make the turn up the loading ramp to eject properly. I have a takedown Model 12 in .22LR and I had a 22 Mag barrel made from a 22-250 barrel by cutting off the chamber and rechambering. It was very accurate but wouldn't eject reliably. I finally got fed up with it and sold the 22 mag barrel.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote