New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom single shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted this inside another thread on the single shot forum but wanted to post it here too. It is a Steve Earle Wesson action in .450 3&1/4". The action has been highly modified to more closely resemble an Alexander Henry rifle.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thats going to make a very nice single shot! Whats the wood look like? Share a finished picture for us when finished.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the wood

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend is having a 38-55 built on the the Earle/Wesson mid-range action. I like the looks of the long range much better. Yours is a beaute!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Yes, that will work nicely!
Colorcased and rust blue and some engraving...World class rifle!

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got one of these actions sitting out in the shop. Been trying to figure out just what sort of rifle to build on it, and what cartridge. I had a GM barrel, and stuck it on my Wickliffe, same cartridge!

Any of you notice the cat's ass side slide safety he has fitted to it from scratch?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Any of you notice the cat's ass side slide safety he has fitted to it from scratch?
Rich

Stalking safety, ultra-cool.

Rich, a fellow poster, Glenn Fewless (hst), has built an absolutely splendid rifle on one of these actions, let's hope he chimes in here to show us a pic. AAMOF he's built a number of splendid single shot rifles, I'm very envious of his skill and good taste. He's a retired toolmaker and current ACGG member and so of course his metalwork is impeccable.

And even better IMO, he has won a National BPCR Championship with one of the rifles he's built.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle Steve.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1021 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Takes a M-A-N to build an accurate single shot rifle, and then shoot it to a National Championship!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glenn has my utmost respect and admiration for both his professional expertise and his personal modesty. Everything I've seen him do, for as long as I've known him, has been an absolute work of art in metal.

He's also a VERY funny guy, but as I keep tellin' him, looks ain't everything! (VBG)
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missed you in Reno Rich. I hope you had a good trip, we did.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have worn a sandwich board with my name on it. How could you have missed this face?

Rich

<generalwar>
posted
That metal work is really top notch, great choice of calibre. How much are his barreled actions? Does he have a website to view?

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does he have a website to view?

http://www.steveearleproducts.com/longrange.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very elegant!

Is that a push-button on the lever? I have never seen anything like that. Is it his own idea?

posted Hide Post
That is going to be one beautful rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind comments. A few more pictures here

http://bertramandco.com/WessonFallingBlock.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

It's looking great. Henry's defined style in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the stock progress.

Any update on the H&H falling block?

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the finished product, very nice!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey,
The Holland had to be put on the back burner so to speak. I have been neglecting my customers in order to get my work done for acceptance into the ACGG. Now that I have cleared that hurdle I need to get some paying work done before resuming work on one of my infinite personal projects.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I know that perdicament all too well. I was sure excited to see the H&H action though. They don't seem to surface very often.

Congratulations on the ACGG!

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote