Find
Notify
Tools

Dean Zollinger custom rimfire
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have posted photos of some of Dean Zollinger's work in the past but this latest project he is doing is simply amazing. I have mentioned in the past that Dean does all of the metal work for John Bolliger. This barreled action is for one of Bolliger's clients.

The donor rifle was a MAS 45 22lr rimfire trainer. Dean transformed the action from a military trainer into a beautiful double square bridge minature Mauser express rifle with extended tangs. A new barrel was installed with quarter rib and banded front sight.

Dean also installed the engraved bolt handle, altered the safety to a side swing. He also milled the custom bottom metal from scratch.

The transformation from a military trainer action into an absolutely beautiful rifle has been an experience to watch. I wish I had of taken photos of the progress so you could see the magic Dean performed.

The stock is being made by John Bolliger and has been shaped and fitted. According to Dean the wood is amazing.

Due to my schedule I could not take the photos after the final clean up of the metal work. But I think even without the finish work completed on the barreled action you will see that Dean has performed some real magic here.

Enjoy the pics!!!!

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
That is just too cool. It's posts like these that cost me money. Stop it! Big Grin

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Wow, now that is cool. keep us posted...I've always wanted a 22lr like this!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry, +1 Between this work in progress and the Brno in another post, well I don't know what I'm going to do but I know I'll have to do something.
M1 Tanker, What a great project. Please keep posting in progress pictures. From the looks of it now it's going to be spectacular.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir! Keep the photos coming.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I need to make a stop by Deans shop and get some updated photos. It was heading out for engraving a few days after I took the pics. It may be back now. I am especially looking forward to seeing the wood and the finished project. Dean says the wood is amazing.

William Berger

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Absolutly awesome work but how much will that little 22 weigh when it is completed

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I handled it while it was mounted in the pattern stock. It is surprisingly light and trim and handles beautifully. I imagine it will gain a few ounces once it is in the finished stock and a bit more weight when the scope is installed. My estimate is that finished and scoped it will weigh right around 7 1/2 pounds. Once Mr Zollinger gets it all back and put together I will get a weight as well as some new pics.

William Berger